Monday, May 28, 2007

Weathering storms

I think what i didnt write was that it was my dads death that freed me because he was the one i couldnt hold my boundaries with because he hurt me too much...i was like a boat in the storm and he was the water just crashing me every which way...no wonder I could only let her out when he was gone....the storm was over...im over the anger about it and i love him for all of the gifts i was given he was so incredibly amazing and wonderful...i can weather all sorts of storms now with a resilience and grace even i am amazed by...

I just was too little to know how to protect myself in rough waters and no one around me knew how to either...but we are all learning and growing and holding ourselves....

And it wasnt just him it just set up a pattern for my life up until now, anything and everything could permeate right through me....but i had locked up very safely my divine child....i was smart enough to do that...i think i just couldnt find my way back and wouldnt let myself find the crumb trail to her until it was safe...When he died I found a very battered weathered girl on a shipwrecked boat holding a box, and like those russian dolls if I keep opening and opening Ill find the heart I put there so long ago...It feels really close now...and maybe I even have it already I just havent realized it completely....

4 comments:

Joy! said...

My father too. They were intense, and we crumbled with the onslaught of emotion and change.

Your mesas have so changed through these months, reflecting the strength and resiliancy you have built. It was with purpose that you set out to find yourself again.

As you said, she was hidden, not lost. There's a big difference.

Bo said...

It's an incredibly beautiful heart Lauren. I see it and so it must be out or closer than you think. Great work you have done, are doing and that which is yet to come ..... well. (Well is what what people of Eastern Kentucky say when words are not necessary, some times mental language only gets in the way.)

Anonymous said...

well.....thank you bo....hee hee
and joy!!

Jacqueline Brown, said...

What beautiful realizations...
You do have it NOW, be with it...