Thursday, December 27, 2007

Raw-ish BABA GHANOUSH

If you haven't had BABA GHANOUSH, which is an Indian Eggplant dip, then I suggest you try it the next time you have the oven on roast, and you have an extra eggplant laying around and don't know what to do with it, which is how I came upon this. Big hit by the way! Great as a sidedish, great with drinks after (hah) skiing, or a brisk walk in the snow (better).

I lg eggplant
2-3 cloves garlic
2 tbs tahini
juice of half a lemon
pinch cayenne
pinch salt and pepper
parsley, chopped.

I peeled the eggplant, rubbed it in olive oil and wrapped it in foil and put it in the oven on broil as I was cooking other things.
Cook, slice in strips and put in food processor with the rest of the ingredients and whip it up until it is a smooth puree.
Serve with greek pita bread that has been warmed in the oven a bit.

No comments: