Wednesday, June 27, 2007

yoga and reconnecting

i finally decided to go to this yoga place a block from my apt...(dont know why ive made it so difficult - going to yoga far away from my place and in slc ---really far) anyway it was such an amazing experience. its on a second floor of this little building you walk in and there are several little rooms then the main room is this gorgeous little brick room with a huge skylight...it was so incredibly quiet and beautiful in there! they have different types of yoga and meditation mainly vinyasa and hatha...

i had a HARD but great class.....i ended up buying a 10 pack and im going back today!... i cant stress the importance for me of a physical component in my life...my body really needs it and when i dont do anything my muscles and bones and my joints are sore and locked and everything else feels like shit - and i notice how tight i am when i go after not having gone for a while - i always forget that when im not doing anything....the juice fast allowed me to go there mentally and remember and listen to my body....reconnecting feels so good...and so much of what this has all been about...i was having so much resistance this past 5 weeks --- im not sure what exactly has been happening but i think i needed to decompress after a lot of work and just let go .... unfortunatley i let out instead of release and let go and went way offline with food and drink and cigs. coming back to center....mmmmm feels so so good. i am so in touch with my body again....

anyway just wanted to share this with you guys...i was so excited when i left...its taken me 2 years to walk down the block to go to this place....

it was the right moment and i was ready!

also ....had a great session right after with a client/friend we did a trade....i was clear and i stayed with it and focused even though it was sort of difficult at times....i learned a lot!

excited to see you guys - ill be in on the 5th!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Lauren, Thank you for this post! It serves as a reminder to me, which I really appreciate, to focus and create the vision I have for my life. You're so lucky to have a nice yoga studio so convenient to your home. Good for you for starting up again. :)