Thursday, February 5, 2009

Biblical Barley Water!

I made the barley water, and I didn't like the taste. The recipe called for a cup of barley to 8 cups of water. Well, it came out slimy and too thick for my taste.

Today I talked to the friend that suggested it, and she said "Way too much barley!" When she made it, she put 2-3 TBS of barley to 8 cups of water. Me bad!

So I'm going to try it again and let you know. Meantime, LOVE the cooked barley, and so will your intestinal tract. Barley is chuck full of nutritional value, a good source of niacin. But, if you are wheat intolerant, gluten intolerant, barley is still a gluten product, so don't do it.

Gluten intolerance appears as chronic symptoms like aching joints, gastro-intestinal problems, depression, eczema, low blood iron levels and more. Wheat, rye, barley and oats are all considered gluten products.

No comments: