Wednesday, January 31, 2007

TURMERIC

I've been saying outloud for days now, "I need to get some Turmeric" but I couldn't figure out why. It's not a spice that I routinely use; in fact I wasn't quite sure what it was. All I knew was that it was in my head...that word...Turmeric.

So tonight I decided to look it up. What is the big deal about Turmeric, I wondered? Why was that word not going to let me alone?

Wel Turmeric seems to BE a big deal. Turns out there is a lot of research going on. The Native Americans know it by HALDI. It's good for just about everything but, in particular, the blood and the LIVER! Remember my telling you last night about that stone in my mesa that I've been having a love / hate with? My "liver" stone? Well maybe I should rename it TUMERIC

Turmeric increases bile, panreatic and gastric juices. So if that's the case-it definitely is assiting in right digestion in the intestinal tract. It's good for TB, (lungs), and bronchitis, and then it's good for the LIVER, and for lymphomas. It's anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic, anti-mutagenic, an anti-oxidant, and anti-bacterial, and it's a diuretic. Hmmmm

Who would have thought?

No comments: