Saturday, September 13, 2008

re-visiting raw

I had lunch with a friend of mine I hadnt seen in a while. She asked if I was still raw and I said 'no not really but...' I didnt know exactly how to respond. I feel like I gained so much from eating raw food. There was that very intense 6 months I did it very strictly when I was detoxing, cleansing, and having a lot of healing work, and then the year or so since (has it been 2? i dont even know?), where Ive been a lot more loose with it (and by loose I even mean at some meals going back to old big meals like lots of pizza heehee all still minus the meat though which for some reason or another stuck).

But even when going back to older foods there is a major major difference and thats that the affinity or energy around those things totally changed. I can eat pizza on occasion or have dessert a few meals a week but its really different than before I dont have that gorging must have need this or else continuous craving.

Looking back it really taught me about moderation and respect for food and my body and myself and has instilled a deep consciousness that doesnt disappear for longer than a few days at a time now, again much like finding center I can divert either way and play with the line but I know how to get back to it and re-energize it and support it.

2 comments:

Joy! said...

wonderful Lauren! I feel the same. While I'm not doing raw like before, I definitely have a different relationship with food since.

Joy! said...

we've been eating a lot more pizza since the boys are home for the holidays. I'm finally SICK of pizza. I've been craving the old days of raw juice.
Time for a change!