Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wasps


So I thought I took this picture for Joy, but maybe its for you Lauren. Wasps to me are alot like flies in that they are persistant, a little more dangerous than a fly, but persistant. So what needs your attention? Do the colors bring up anything. They seem to be able to build there nests anywhere. What about the geometry of there next. They do travel in groups, I rarely see just one. They love fennel. They are all over our fennel plant in the yard, the bees really have nothing to do with the fennel. They really invade your space. I haven't looked, did they show up when it got colder at night, they don't like the cold. They are like bees in that they go dormant when its cold. But, they can be revived with warmth. Good lord I had no idea I had observed so much about the wasps. So there are some of my observations.

3 comments:

Jacqueline Brown, said...

Obviously they are about community.

Anonymous said...

thanks jac,
i do think there is this occasional feeling of tug a war between me wanting to be alone and in a community seems theres something to work out here - great picture

Joy! said...

Funny, I think of wasps as more solitary than bees. They can build small nests. Bees don't do that.

I was pretty good with the wasps I THOUGHT, compared to how I usually react. I didn't feel upset, just irritated. They are persistent though, I will give you that!