Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pumpkin Seeds

It's that time folks-yep-pumpkin season. We bought several and carved them for halloween. It was fun, and something we haven't done since the kids were little. I decided to dry the seeds and try a new recipe. Rinse and then bake in the oven for 1 hour at 250 to dry.

Toss with olive oil, and a bunch of spices. Oregano, garlic, salt and pepper, parmesan cheese, cayenne, and bake again for 1 hour at 250.

These are really pretty good and were really simple to make. Try it! Apparently we can do it with squash seeds too, which I haven't tried.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you eat the pumpkin seeds in this way, but I want to tell you all the same !
I usually buy the seeds already shucked and roast ( toast ) them a bit in a frying pan without oil. Then I put them in a cup or plate adding some spoon (the spoons number depends on the seeds quantity) of SHOYU sauce and mix.
They are a very delicious snack, also good for healty because they're rich of precious medicinal properties, as we know.
Thanks for the attention and sorry if you already know that.

Joy! said...

that's good information. I like it! I've just discovered this treat. thanks!