Monday, February 27, 2012

JUICE for IMMEDIATE HEALTH and ENERGY

My mother had dropped to the lowest weight I have ever ever seen her at. 112 pounds. She was disappearing on us, was so weak she fell getting out of bed. NOTHING I said could entice her to eat. She didn't have the strength or the will to cook, or to chew. If I made her a soft boiled egg, she would eat a few bites half heartedly and leave the rest. Nothing tasted good, nothing sounded good and she was losing muscle tone. She would just lay watching tv. I was really worried. 


I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and got a Breville juicer for her. I came home, unpacked the juicer, washed and set it up, washed the considerable sink full of vegetables I had picked up and made a nice pitcher of green juice with ginger start-day-with-green-juice. I put it in a dark pitcher with a lid, in the fridge. Fresh is best, but any is better than none.

In 24 hours my mother's health turned the corner. By that evening she was up off the couch, talking to us, and actually ate dinner with us at the table. Carne Asada! She even asked for a "a bit more".

I gave her a half a glass to sip and continued to keep her sipping it through the day. By that evening she was hungry! She slept deeply and long that night, for a change, and the next day she was walking quickly around the house and doing her income tax figures, getting ready for the accountant! She poured herself juice throughout the next day and then wanted to know how to make it herself and had me teach her how to assemble the juicer.

And last night she complained my sister in law didn't give her enough food at dinner! I had to laugh as we could only get her to eat a half an egg all day less than 3 days earlier! She said "I'm going to get some of that green juice, do you want some too?" YES!

So there we are at 11pm eating toast and peanut butter and sipping green juice!

For anyone that is weak, ill or incapacitated, make them raw, fresh juice! The body can immediately use the nutrients without having to spend precious life energy digesting. It's cleansing, nutritious and a fast way to get energy to the body and brain. PLEASE juice for someone you love especially if their health is at all compromised. Make it by the pitcher, give them small amounts throughout the day and watch them perk up. Do start with green juices for alkalizing the system for health and vegetable juices.

No comments: