Sunday, August 9, 2009

Why do you eat what you eat?

I'm curious-

What drives us to eat and which foods do we reach for?
How much of what we eat is pure marketing?

Commercials, advertisements, articles, labels.
Friends, memories, unconscious associations.

Do you eat eggs?
Are they organic?
Free range?
Regular?
Are they egg substitute?
Do you do tofu scramblers?
Do you only eat the whites?
Do you limit the number you eat, and why, if you do? In other words - where did you get the belief, and how is that working for ya?

Post a comment-but add why you've chosen it, and how you came to that conclusion.
Hope you will all play!

Slo-food, raw food, is mindful food, coming back to nature is coming back to our minds.

What field of intent do you hold in your mind when it comes to your food?
What field of intent do you hold when you prepare your food?
What field of intent do you hold when you eat your food?
What is your food field, and is there fear, guilt, anger, pain when you eat?

IF so, in any way, you are eating those emotions. Dangerous games - marketing us into obesity and disease.
We have to wake up and notice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only eat free range eggs because I read about the horrible conditions of chickens in pens and I don't want to eat that fear that goes into the eggs.

Joy! said...

I eat eggs. Regular eggs. I eat them scrambled, I eat them at night. I love eggs. I eat the yolks and the whites. I think that eggs are THE perfect food. We keep them boiled in the fridge for a quick snack, and I have perfect cholesterol, says my doc, much to his surprise.

Jacqueline Brown, said...

I eat eggs, but mostly scrambled or in a breakfast burrito. I like them hard boiled. We buy our eggs local, as well as fresh from the neighbors. Unfortunately my cholestrol has been high.

CatherineAnn said...

I have lately switched to organic eggs without added hormones and pesticides. I eat the whole egg, scrambled, over easy, egg salad, however I want, whenever I want. Usually two at a time. This morning I had two over easy on Ezekiel bread with crumbs of Maui onion potato chips on top.