Thursday, July 15, 2010

Remember Simplicity

It's a beautiful cool mountain morning. The air is crisp still and breezy.

I have made my breakfast:: half an avocado that has been drenched in lemon juice and sprinkled with cayenne pepper. I have a glass of hot water and the juice of half a lemon. I have a pile of grapefruit pieces that have also been sprinkled with cayenne pepper. I like to peel the grapefruit and eat it like an orange.

One of the best things for me in switching to raw-ish living was easing up on the way I thought about food, cooking, eating, preparing. I eased up on the way I judged myself. I stopped worrying. The Hawaiians have a term "no worries". Try it.

I look at my plate this morning, fresh, raw and vibrantly alive and think "so am I!"

We are what we eat, just like we are what we think, we are what we do, we are what we express. We are a continual expression in and out of life, and as we exhale we say yes, and as we inhale we say thank you. That's it.

If you can keep it that simple what else is there but 'no worries'?  Yes, thank you. Smile.

Colors are brighter, life is cleaner. Slow down, breathe, say thank you and say yes to life. Taste it again. It's pretty good! And it doesn't need fancy sauces, or fancy preparations.

Chop with a sharp knife, tear it apart with your fingers and lick the juice, get into it again, both your food, and your life! Be well and remember "no worries".

No comments: