Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Liver Detox and Emotions

We have such fear of our emotional body but it's just a feeling. Really. It's doesn't mean anything UNLESS we let our mind assign meaning and that's what the intellect does. It wants to explain everything. Sometimes a feeling is just a feeling.

I have been drinking really dark green juice every day for a week now. Two big glasses a day. Yesterday I stood in the shower and felt deep sadness, grief really. I just let it wash over me and down the drain. I almost wanted to cry. I found it interesting, and just noticed it welling up and washing down. I didn't engage, nor did I block it.

Then I found that when I went to pick my clothes for the day, the only things that attracted me were all black. Yes, I felt like I was in mourning! I noticed it, and then made myself choose a color instead, in this case soft peach. I felt fake in the peach on the outside when the inside felt so black, but I just noticed it and went on.

I couldn't smile without conscious effort. It did abate during the day, but it was a pervasive sort of sadness by the afternoon instead of grief. By the evening the feeling was gone and I could mention it in a past tense. "Wow, this morning I felt so sad when I got up, but now it's gone."

That was all.

I resisted the trap of "I wonder why?" which would have engaged the mind's energy fruitlessly in a search for meaning.

Remember when you are detoxing and juicing, particularly greens, you are going to release OLD stuff, OLD feelings, just as the intestines will release left over food toxins. It's important not to assign meaning, or try and explain it. It's just stuff. If you were sloughing off intestinal stuff you wouldn't analyze it for when you ate it. (or would you??? Let it go! ) It is just old stuff that got stuck inside and you are clearing it out! Good bye gunk.

Past is past, and now is now. The mind mixes that up if we let it. Don't let your mind over analyze your feelings when you are detoxing.

No comments: