Thursday, August 19, 2010

Zucchini Chips

It's the zucchini time of year!
Day before yesterday I made three different recipes with zucchini. So this is why I over planted zucchini this year! Two of them need to be tweaked a bit but these chips were really good.

Zucchini Chips

Slice two or three medium sized zucchinis in thin slices. Thick enough that there is meat all the way through but still quite thin. Spread on dehydrator trays and brush with the following mixture.

Olive oil
cumin
chili powder
small amount of cayenne (leave out for kids BBQ chips)
salt
small amount of sweetener, I used coconut sugar from Essential Living Foods. You can purchase at Whole Foods.

As you can see I don't have the amounts down yet. I cook by feel and that works best for me. Maybe in the future I will get the amounts down.

Dry until crispy and put in an air tight jar or container as soon as they are dry. If you leave them out they will get soggy.

No comments: