Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More and More Rawness

I'm on the east coast at the moment, and every day someone comes in and says "I'm juicing" or "I'm doing green smoothies" or "I'm eating more organic".

Well well! Bit by bit we are waking up. People are fed up with feeling lousy. We are no longer willing to have low energy and low libido for life!

Truth is I can see it in the glow in their skin and the sparkle in their eyes. They come in lighter, and freer and they are becoming curious about this 'raw' stuff.

I'm enjoying these raw snacks I found at Whole foods. They are similar to what Catherine Ann has made. My favorite is called 'raisin brittle" and is sunflower seeds, raisins, pumpkin seeds and coconut. They are called "Smart Treat" and are vegan, gluten free and dairy free. So if you miss a crunchy something, they fit the bill, although not salty.

I've been doing more raw again while here. Taking lettuce rollups to work, and making various concoctions again. We all wonder why we stop when we do but I think it's because it feels so good when we get back to it again! We come to appreciate it even more.

We are retraining a lifetime of ingrained habits and traditions of generations! Be gentle with yourself.

Allow yourself to eat-and don't guilt. No need to get hungry. Throw out the rules about eating on a schedule and eat when your body tells you to. Trying to eat on a schedule is like trying to poop on a schedule. You poop when your body is done with the the processing, and not before.

By the way-same thing with issues. Just thought I would throw that in. Everything has it's right moment. No use sitting and straining over stuff that isn't ready to come out. Trust your body!

Pay attention to how you feel with every bite so you can let your body teach you what you've missed before! It's doing the best it can with what we were giving it and frankly it's been doing a great job under the toughest of circumstances. Talk about lack of recognition!

It's never too late to be who you've been waiting for!

No comments: