Monday, March 5, 2012

RAWish SOUP


I already posted the Gazpacho earlier, but I really like this so here goes:
I make a pot of this and find it's good at night when I want something warm. Keep the water at a simmer, not a boil.
Remember,  potatoes should NOT be eaten raw.

Into the food processor goes:
1 potato, peeled
1 sweet potato, peeled
Coarse chop them and then put them in the pot and put it on simmer. Put them in a good sized pot with water, about 2/3s.
While they are simmering away, I put the following into the food processor and coarse chop:

2-3 carrots, peeled
1 onion, quartered
2-3 TBS chopped garlic (it's a great parasite cleanse)
1 bell pepper, seeded
1 green zuccini
2 stalks celery

Dump them into the pot (or ANY vegetables I happen to have around that I want to finish up.)
Salt, pepper, cayenne, oregano, basil, parsley, some hot pepper flakes.
I used fresh parsley the last time, yum and so pretty too!

The vegetables release flavor into the water, and if you make this the day before you want to eat it, it will increase in flavor.
I cut up small cherry tomatoes in half and put them in at the end and let them just BE in the hot water. They were great int there! The hot water was enough to really "cook" the potatoes so that I wasn't eating them raw, and the other veges were crunchy.

The next night I just reheat the water by simmering again, or you can add some hot water to a bowl and eat it, OR you can put a bowl full in the food processor or blender with some hot water and puree it for a nice thick soup. VERY satisfying.
Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top. Yum!

No comments: