Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bath Salts - Aromatherapy - quickie recipe

I love epsom salt and baking soda baths in the evening. I love them in the morning. I love them when I'm feeling stressed. I just plain love em. I feel good after, I relax, and they are good for you too. I add drops of my favorite essential oils to the hot water. Aaaaahhhh ... heaven.

Epsom salt is inexpensive, and so is baking soda. But scented bath salts are not cheap to buy! They've become big business!~

They are easy to make though-and here's how.

Those same ingredients I mentioned up above-that's it.
Epsom salt
Baking soda
Essential oil

Stir them together and viola!

How much? Oh you are so exacting. I'm Greek! A pinch of this a pinch of that...oh ok.
Try this:
6 parts epsom salt
1 part baking soda
30 or so drops of your favorite essential oil
(and if you want a pretty color, add a few drops of food coloring but you want to only add a few!

Use a glass or metal bowl to mix everything in.
Add the oil in drops, slowly as you stir so they get mixed throughout
Add the drops of coloring and mix it up again

Store in an airtight glass or ceramic container, and cure for 24 hours before using and use about a cup in your bath. MORE If it's a big tub!

Some of my favorite essential oils to use in the bath are:
Frankincense
Sandalwood
Lavender
Sweet orange
Eucalyptus
Rose

You can try some of the oil blends that are out there too!
Happy soaking!

No comments: