Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Finding Raw Light


I've been curious why eating raw became an ordeal in my mind, when it had so fed the body? Why had I succumbed to the illusion that it was hard, or complicated, or too expensive? Why had I allowed myself to numb out again and fall asleep to the truth of what fed me?

It's a funny thing because I found the moment to start.
And it was today.

And for today, it was easy.
For today I surrendered moment by moment, hour by hour, to my ever opening choice.
Today, I had my first raw food day.

Tonight I have a headache. i rejoice in it though, because I know it is due to the release of toxins that my body is joyfully releasing. I welcome the reminder that I have indeed been self-indulgent.

Again, I remind myself it's not about perfection, but balance. So my goal is 70% this time, knowing I need to feed myself protein as I desire it, and omegas.

Now I know what feeds my brain. Now I know what feeds my body.
The goal is to bring them into alignment.
All this life my goal has been balance. And again, I stand in that juxtaposition, on tippy toes...

3 comments:

CatherineAnn said...

I totally agree that raw was feeding me also. So why did I cut back? I keep toying with the idea of going all raw for a couple of weeks just to see what would happen. I keep letting fixing dinner, having someone else buying the food, etc. get in the way of me making different choices. Isn't my health worth the extra effort it would take? Is my body forcing me to make a really clean decision? I eat mostly live food now and it's not enough. What would be?

Joy! said...

Good question! now we have to find the answer inside.

Joy! said...

I think we let ourselves get numberbuffered for awhile. Or is it numerbuggered? LOL

But it's all ok now-we're BACK!