Friday, February 13, 2009

Raw food recipe-Lettuce Wraps

Yesterday I bought the raw food staple-avocados. I'm finding myself choosing more raw, and the more I do, the better I feel. The suggestion is, allow yourself to gradually transition to more fresh and raw, living food. I'm starting afresh, again!

Raw Food Recipes that are easy, fast, and inexpensive are what we are all about. I can't take time for elaborate concoctions: cooked or raw.

Raw is living food. It really feeds you. A friend just said that she has been adding more raw food and she's noticing how much MORE energy she has in her day to day life. Yes! We all need energy, don't we?

Try this instead of a bread sandwich:

Lettuce Wraps:
2 ripe avocados, mashed
2-3 tomatoes-nice big juicy dark red ones-diced up
1/2 a jalapeno pepper-diced
2-3 slices of onion-diced
garlic-which I like-so 2-3 cloves-diced
half a lime-juiced
6-8 leaves (kale, collard, romaine or iceberg) washed and dried
Spices that work: s&p, cayenne, tumeric, parsley, cilantro.

that's the basic, but for variety you can add, corn, edamame, diced mango, diced cucumber, shredded carrot, diced celery.
You can add just about anything you want to the base of avocado garlic and tomato-let your personal creativity soar!

If you are taking this for lunch at work, increase the lime and don't fill the lettuce boats until it's time to eat. Scoop the mixture onto the leaves and roll or fold just like a taco...yum!

No comments: