Sunday, March 9, 2008

Finding the Blessings

As with every/any experience that we move through, we must find the blessings. This isn't a polly-anna thing. It's very real. Find the reason, the learning, the lesson, and you will find the blessing. How has the experience grown you? How have you changed?

Did we ask for it? Perhaps! Again, be careful what we ask for.
I wanted him to quit smoking, to want to. For the first time ever, he has gone 8 days without a cigarette, or without needing a patch, gum or a perscription. EVERYONE told him "You can't do it on your own." Everyone said "it's the most addictive substance in the world". Interesting beliefs there-embedded commands to fail. Another whole story based on economics isn't it?

I wanted him to be conscious of what we have, of what to be grateful for. Well, this certainly brought that in close. It brought our family together. This sort of experience brings you all up short-you stop taking each other for granted and realize that finality is a real possibility. You get a chance to see what your life would be like without someone you love, and you get another chance.

He was angry, bitter, resentful, and scared. He listened to the news non stop. He was sure things were failing around him. I couldn't get him to see what I see, feel the way I do, so locked in his dark version of the world was he. Many many many are the same.

interestingly enough now, he hasn't turned the news on ONCE. He is watching completely different shows. channels like the classic cowboy channel (?) that I didn't even know we had! He smiles, he laughs, his color looks different. Something has shifted and I am so grateful.

For me-absolutely. I realized his negativity had become so toxic for me that I had pulled away and was leaving him to it. Again, it has brought us closer. You examine what is valuable, what is important.

If I can say anything to you, I would say pay attention so that something like this doesn't have to happen to get your attention. I wouldn't have thought we needed it, but we did. We all do. Life is important. Being alive is important. Valuable. Worth living.
So many say it but it's true. Don't sweat the small stuff. Hang loose. Be happy! FIND YOUR JOY!

We are each being asked to face our fears. There is only fear and love. And where we are in fear, we are blocking love, both our expression of it as well as our receiving of it from the world. It you believe we have guardians, star brothers and sisters, if you believe we are being lead towards a great awakening, then also realize we are being served our lessons.

What do you fear? Face it. Tame it. Turn it to love.
I know, not easy. But it can be done. You can walk out the other side. It's the way of the warrior...the way of peace within.

7 comments:

Pam said...

Face our fears...I may have finally come to the realization I've needed as I read your post. Two wayward sons on drugs equates to my fear of being controlled, my fear of being addicted to the point where I lose that thin line of control. If I let that fear of control go, will it help my situation?

Anonymous said...

joy thank you for writing this.

Joy! said...

Absolutely-
I started teaching the Intuitive Anatomy class today. Mothers all of them.

I said to them, "So if your children are YOUR teachers, what are they trying to tell you to look at, by their actions, behaviors and issues? What might YOU need to clear in yourself, so they can stop the reflection?"

That may be what you are getting now, Pam.

CatherineAnn said...

I'm getting no where fast with trying to tame my fear of being a normal weight. No WHERE FAST!

Thank you Joy for reminding us about what is important and letting us take this very personal journey with you.

Joy! said...

well maybe that isn't the real fear, but the distraction?
Just a thought...

fat is often associated with resentment. We stuff the resentment.

I know-blessing our fat hasn't worked for me either! Making friends with my fat - nope.
Understanding how it is helping me - nada.
Accepting it so I can let it go - zippo!

But I'm still thinking it has to do with ... oops gotta go!

Dale said...

Thanks for putting this in writing so more than the four of us in the Theta class can share in the lessons. When you find out how to deal with fat, I would like to know immediately if not sooner.

Joy! said...

lol