Sunday, September 26, 2010

Eating raw vs. Being a raw foodist

I thought this was interesting and really, who wants labels?



I’ve eaten a mostly live-food/raw food diet for almost 9 years now. I must be honest with you, it has been wonderful and at the same time a
great challenge.

The challenge came from HOW to make it actually work for me and my body.
It turns out that the raw food diet is really NOT for everyone. It took
me a while to really learn this. Like many others, I identified with
BEING a “raw-foodist”.

And that’s where I would like to expose one of the biggest mistakes people make when getting on a raw food diet.

Here it is: You become a ‘Raw Foodist” as opposed to just eating raw foods.

Let me explain. The biggest crutch I see in the raw food community has
nothing to do with food, and everything to do with identity. This
happens in a lot of dietary communities. People identify with their
diets, and what happens is that their diets become a form of religion.

And or course, like any religion, if you question it, if you decide to
try something different, you are seen as if you’re sinning, as if what
you’re doing is just plain wrong.

I know this from experience. If you’re reading this article, I just want
to point this out so you don’t fall into this trap. Yes, this is a
trap. It’s a trap your Ego sets up for you. The Ego thrives on judgment.
If you can eat what is best for you at any given moment, drop the label
and identity that goes with a diet, you will experience more freedom
and inner peace.

Again, the biggest mistake I see people making when eating a raw food
diet is getting identified with BEING a “raw foodist”. I don’t want to
burst your bubble here, but I can assure you…this is NOT who you really
are. You are far beyond and prior to a label.

This is my calling to you, to be free to be WHO you really are.
Eat what is best for you in the moment. Step back from judging so much,
and simply allow. And if you’re criticized for this…it means you’re on
the right track. :)

Create a beautiful day!
Joshua BenAvides
"The High Vibe Coach"

No comments: