Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fermented Raw

Here's something I started doing this week, and it might work for you too. I'm enjoying it!

I took a large tupperware container and put in a dressing: a good amount of everything because this is a marinade
balsamic vinegar
olive oil
salt and pepper and (I'm back) cayenne pepper
chopped garlic
chopped fresh basil

Then I've added all sorts of chopped fresh vegetables
a container of fresh chopped mushrooms
a whole bag of shelled edamame
1 chopped onion
1 chopped green pepper
and a package of extra firm tofu, cubed

Then I started adding any leftover cooked vegetables each night.
steamed broccoli one night
steamed carrots another
leftover steamed assorted asian vegetables (water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, pea pods string carrots etc)
Whatever I had, I added.

Each night, I've stirred and turned it and then added more stuff and eaten some.
It's gotten better with age!

Try this! It's good cold, or pull it out and eat it at room temperature. I've added more cayenne as I've gone along btw.

No comments: