Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Last Night

I had an almost disturbing dream last night. Intense might be a better word.

There was this school, and there were tons of kids everywhere. I was standing at a counter in a lobby of sorts. Like the office? Kids of all ages everywhere. 

But one little guy had these most amazing eyes-bore right through me. Intense. He was little-maybe 2? Head was shaved close. His eyes were like a wolf's would be-rimmed iris's with lighter centers-he was staring into space though. Not at me, but right through me. Like I was there, and not, and he could sense me but not see me. 

In the dream I thought "Don't go yet! We're coming. I can help you!" He felt like a "they" were going to kill him. I was feeling almost desperate to get 'something' so that he wouldn't be turned off. That "turned off" thing was a feeling, like he was going to be euthanized almost. Like somehow he wasn't important or didn't matter, and I wanted to let him know he was.

There were thousands of kids there, but this little one riveted me in the dream. It left me a bit ruffled, shall we say? One of Lauren's "feral kids" I'm sure. But it felt like he didn't have much time. I can still see him staring at me, but not at me. As if he is looking for me but can't see me there yet. 

Maybe I'm not there yet? We are all dancing in the future already, aren't we.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Pam said...

Your dream left me with a sinking feeling in the stomach. I think it's hitting too close to home. My son's girlfriend has decided to adopt out her unborn baby (male). All I could see when I read your post was that the 2-year-old is this baby. Ugghh!

CatherineAnn said...

Oh Pam that's a tough one about the baby. How does Kelly feel about that? And how do you?

Who knows Portegese so we can decipher the message from Brazil?

CatherineAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqueline Brown, said...

Joy, I think maybe part of this is a result of what you saw with Nick and Luka....but it is done everyday those eyes those children that are being lost....

Joy! said...

those eyes are haunting all of us