Thursday, December 20, 2007

WORST SNOWSTORM OF THE LAST FIVE YEARS

That was bad! It took me 2 and a half hours to get from Foothill to Park City! Bumper to bumper, and mean spirited stupid people that were following too close and wouldn't let anyone in. LOTS of accidents, and they weren't just skidding out themselves, but taking 3-5 cars with them. Bad.

I kept blessing the road and commanding safe passage for everyone-and then we crawled to about 2 mph. We crawled up and over Parley's...in the end I think that was the blessing because everyone HAD to slow down. Semi's had mandatory chains, but many didn't do it and they were off the road too. NO snowplows...

I am so glad you are all snug at home-stay there is my advice. I cancelled class when I came in and then turned around and went back. I couldn't ask anyone to come out in it.

But! I made some great recipes the last few days...
oven roasted vegetables drizzled in olive oil and hot spices. Cauliflower, and green beans, and asparagus
Adding the extra oils has really made that dry feeling go away. Remember we were talking about chapped lips, dry skin and hair? Try adding more oils to your diet. It's helped

3 comments:

Jacqueline Brown, said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe you drove in that.....
I made a comment to Terry that I hoped you were snug in the house and not out on the road.....
Weather is suppose to be pretty dicey for the next several days....
Glad you made it home safe....

Joy! said...

Kathy and Blake were pulling a uhaul up the mountain behind me-they had a fender bender. Side swiped a car as they were trying to get around another car that had stalled out in the storm.

I had just called and said "stay in SLC tonight it's awful." Too late!

They're good, and no damage it turns out, at least to their car.

Pam said...

Ouch - what is it with Kathy and cars? Of course, I don't seem to be any better.

When I was doing raw, I was downing a tablespoon of extra light olive oil twice a day. This not only curbed my appetite, it helped with the dry skin. Got to start doing it again - why did I stop?