Thursday, December 20, 2007

Raw-ish Fresh Rollups

Ok, this is my new favorite.
Llightly saute/simmered in some real butter:
1/2 an onion-chopped
1/2 red pepper-chopped
1/2 zucchini-chopped
chopped garlic to taste
4 fresh basil leaves-chopped
when veges are softish, break 3 eggs in, and scramble
*you definitely could use tofu here, and I'm going to try it tomorrow. I didn't have any on hand or I would have done it today.

In the meantime I took the cast-iron skillet and cooked up 3 raw tortillas. If you haven't tried raw tortillas, do. No fat, just cook on the heat of the skillet. They puff up like they are alive! They all like them though-and they are a great alternative to bread.

Then when the eggs are done, fill the tortilla, top with crumbled feta, and some fresh avocado chunks and roll up burrito style.

Wow is this a good snowy afternoon lunch! Have with some fresh orange slices and pomegranate seeds for a great looking and tasting plate!

Ok ok so it's not raw-it is fresh and homemade. And healthy. And good for you.

3 comments:

Jacqueline Brown, said...

I had a left over pomegranate that I gave to my son and my granddaughter just loves it. My daughter inlaw had never had one like that before.
Sounds like you are creating and cooking up a storm.....
I had cut up squash, with onions and cashews for dinner last night, very yummy......

Joy! said...

THAT sounds good too! I'm adding more fresh and yes, cooking more. I like cooking when there are people that will eat! So, with extra people in the house, I'm more motivated to cook. Made risotto last night-yum. I haven't made that in years!

Pam said...

I used to buy the raw tortillas all the time before I started eating raw - miss them terribly.

Call me really lazy, but I just can't seem to get into preparing/cooking. I think I can concentrate on fresh fruits and sauteed vegetables. Maybe that's where I'll start putting my efforts to.