Saturday, January 5, 2008

Let the detox begin!

I have faithfully prepared and drank green juice every morning for the last week, and have alternated between 80 to 90% raw each day. I've also been getting up each day a half-hour earlier to use my elliptical. I'm beginning to feel the detoxing effects with frequent headaches, draining sinuses, and slightly swollen gums. Other effects I've noticed is irritability and insomnia. On the other hand, my energy level has increased, which was a blessing yesterday at work when chaos occurred.

I'm keeping it very simple and the mainstay of my diet includes fresh fruits, olive oil, and slightly-sauteed vegetables. I'm finding at this point that I don't want to try anything fancy or prepare any new recipes. Maybe this will change the longer I'm on raw!

4 comments:

CatherineAnn said...

I wash detoxing all week too. Suck the big one. It's over now and I am starting to feel great. I have gone to the gym and started my green juice again. Back to loving it!

Jacqueline Brown, said...

Oh Pam you and CA are very diligent, I am doing better but I probably am only at 50%. Thanks for letting me know...it truly helps.

Joy! said...

Wow this time I am at the back of the pack. For all my good intentions, I haven't done more than a green juice here and there, and still too many xmas cookies that are still around the house. I have been going to the gym daily, but didn't do it today-still can't get out of my driveway! The snowplow has missed our street, as did the man that does our driveway.

Ok tomorrow is a new day!

Joy! said...

Ypu've all inspired me, and I thank you. Nothing like being left behind to kick me into gear!