Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sharing the juice

Wanted you guys to know that as I make juice in the morning, I make enough for 2 glasses (about 16 oz each) and give one to Chuck on his way to work. He faithfully takes it (and I think he drinks it), and it gives me a little more incentive to habitize the thing. I'm pretty much at 90% raw now, although for the last couple of days I've had one dinner roll at lunchtime (needed extra energy for the 40 laps at the gym pool).

CA - your e-mail on a weeks' worth of dining was pretty revealing - did you notice that the physical size of the people expanded (in the wrong direction) with meat and processed foods (U.S. and Germany)? Although I have to say I had some misgivings when I saw what people were eating for a week and realized I was putting at least a day's worth of food in my juicer each morning. Maybe I'll take one day and eat the amount I've put in the juicer and see what happens. That may be enough without any other food and would give me the same nutrients plus added fiber.

5 comments:

Joy! said...

It does give us pause doesn't it? I've seen this before. It was most curious that the more "civilized" and "advanced", the more cola and yes, processed foods, and the more money it cost!

And the fatter they were...

Joy! said...

Wonderful news BTW on Chuck. Yes, Tony and Jon will drink it if I make it and sometimes Jon will ask for it. Marco was drinking it too while here. He liked his with ginger.

Anyone back to trying ginger? Is it still too hot for our livers? I miss it, but NOT the hot flashes. That was wicked while it lasted.

Pam said...

I cut out the ginger totally, although I'm starting with hot flashes again. Either it's the juice, the raw, or the 6-month cycle.

Jacqueline Brown, said...

I love that we just keep looking at food in new ways. Pam that is cool that Chuck is drinking the juice. Terry will have sips of mine but has yet to ask for a full glass.

Joy! said...

Well T doesn't ask either. I offer. If I make it and hand him some he will drink it.

He likes the green with carrots in it, and apple of course. It's sweeter. He hasn't mentioned that he feels any different.