Monday, August 27, 2007

Barn Swallow


Well well! My little nesters are barn swallows, I read in my Utah Birds Book. One of 7 sparrow varieties in Utah, and the only one with a deeply forked tail. Yep-and they lay twice in a season. The babies have hatched, and I've been watching them bring in bits of ... ew...worm and bug. Ok-all for healthy babies.

And guess where they migrate to and from? SOUTH AMERICA! I am so impressed. That is no small flight. But how appropriate is that?

Made Jon laugh at the names of Bushtit and Wood Pewee. So now I can find out what has been making all the noise! We had squirrels this morning but the blackbirds ran him off. Pretty funny to watch.

The weather is glorious, mid 80s Lauren-
and the moon tonight-anyone get a look at her? BEEE utiful!

Sweet dreams everyone.

1 comment:

Jacqueline Brown, said...

It totally make sense to me.
The moon was beautiful....