Thursday, August 16, 2007

Menopause

I stagger to the computer with my Mate to check in and see who has written on the blog. Touching in and feeling all of you present and around me. I am looking out at the hummer having his morning nectar from the trumpet vine. He always hoovers in front of the open window and has a look at this mornings version of Bed Head, his new favorite TV series. He finds it a bit boring but is always amazed at the new hair design, wondering why anyone would choose hair over feathers. I look out at my little sanctuary, the flowers, vines, trees and scrubs that I carefully planted while creating my patch of green in the desert. Both windows open as the cool morning breeze passes over my skin, sitting here in my sports bra. Suddenly I think, HELL I need to take off this Sports bra - I'M HOT!

3 comments:

Jacqueline Brown, said...

The hummers are so active right now. I just love it. You sound at peace with the morning.

Joy! said...

Hot! Oh can I relate. It's been that sort of week! I keep wondering what I have done different to bring on the heat, but I think we might just be really feeling something else entirely.
An energetic raising instead.

CatherineAnn said...

Cracked me up! Crazy menopause!