Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Noticing Time

I must say that I have been having the oddest sensations in regards to time! Usually the days seem to zip by, and I'm always off as to when it is, but usually I'm feeling a bit behind.

What I am noticing now is time seems to be going incredibly SLOW! My days are long, and seem to go on forever. I also am noticing that I am absolutely right about what day it is, like when I go to write a check and such, but as to what MONTH it is? I feel like it is Oct! I am way forward in time. The fact that it is only August shocks me every time I realize it because I am sure it's almost time for Thanksgiving.

I've never had this before...I am way forward in time. I am in the future, and coming back to now instead of being back in time and coming forward?

Does this make sense at all? I've not tried to put it into words before. It's been happening, faster and faster, since coming back from Peru...which really was only in June but feels like it was at least a year ago! This sensation of time moving very slowly sort of makes everything seem stretched out. slo mo...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

its so fast. its just all so fast. and also really slow so incredibly slow...

its like theres no space/time its so bizarre.

i hear you on this....it feels like years pass in a day but each day is so incredibly full and i feel so in every moment that it feels so slow...

Joy! said...

that's it! I can't believe how alive the day feels. And I am getting so much done-and doing nothing. I can't explain it. It's beyond words. Total feeling.
The sky was purple tonight BTW-just an amazing color...

Anonymous said...

strange right...its been so weird but not bad weird just like holy shit im so in this 10 yr 24 hour day weird.

ok you just got me missing slc for a moment...purple sky....mmmmmm!

Bo said...

Know exactly what you guys are talking about, it started about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I noticed it on the weekend. It felt like the day went on for ever and I got so much done. Then I also notice that Monday doesn't feel like any big deal any more because before I know it the weekend has rolled around again. It's trippy.

Joy! said...

exactly!