Tuesday, December 26, 2006

CHOCOLATE AND CARROTS ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE


I get what Rebecca says about "carrots", although I do like them.

In one of the cookbooks she has this snack conversion chart for cravings. Silly me, I thought she was going to have something useful.
If you crave chocolate.......eat carrots. She obviously doesn't get that carrots and chocolate are not universally interchangeable.

Sorry. That is NOT a substitute. But I will tell you, that what does work is the dates. If I want something sweet, I have one or two of the dates and wham. The craving is totally satisfied. And today, one was too much. It tasted SO sweet it was just way too much. But in the first few days- way helped.

So wait a minute, I can't have yogurt? I have cut out all cheese, with no problem once I had the visual of the spoon fixed firmly in my mind. But no to yogurt too? Hmmmm. Well, that's next. I was just adding yogurt. Thought it was fair. Dang it.

But you know, those Beduoins lived on yak and goat milk products. Course, that's NOT cow. Got it. Ok ok. I hear you about the dairy.

What do you mean about vinegar? No vinegar either? It's fermented. Not cooked. Lots of things call for vinegar...

As to the hot food addiction, I have been adding hot spices, and it works for me! And too, that is why I made the pot of raw soup, and I drink the hot lemon water. I thought it would be more of a problem than it has been though. Another thing is today I can feel a marked difference in how much I want to eat. I don't want nearly as much. Satisfaction reigns with much smaller amounts. I have had to remind myself today to eat. My body is shifting to a whole different place.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think you can have yogurt made with goat's milk... if you really love yogurt.

That visual of the cheese on the spoon works for me too. I'm wondering what I'm going to do with the 5 blocks of cheese I have in my freezer? I really don't want to eat it, but I don't want it to go to waste either. And it feels kind of funny passing on something I feel is unhealthy to someone else. Maybe I could justify it if I knew they were going to buy it anyway... and at least this way they were getting it free. I don't know. What is your philosophy on that?

Joy! said...

Donate it to the food bank? You can check with them what they take.

And after 30 you may want to add small amounts of cheese again.

Cut it up and take it to work with crackers for those that still eat cheese. When they ask you about it say you have switched to raw and choose not to eat it anymore. You can say as much as you want about it or refer them to the BLOGGER so you don't have to.
LOL