Wednesday, December 27, 2006

RAW CRANBERRY RELISH



This is one of my family's favorites, and I've made it for years starting at Thanksgiving. It's really simple and raw! Usually it is made with a cup of white sugar.
THIS TIME I substituted 5 dates for that 1 cup of sugar with amazing results!

1 package raw fresh cranberries
2 juicy oranges, peeled.
add more fresh orange juice to taste-depending on your oranges, and to get that right consistency of relish
5 pitted dates.

Whir these all up in the blender or processor on low, or pulse just to coarse chop. Best if you let it sit 24 hours, and it ages well.
Use on anthing including meats!
As a vege dip-awesome. Salad dressing, in a roll up, you name it. I used to like it on eggs as omelet stuffing.
Cranberries freeze well, so I always buy 3-4 packages this time of year because stores only bring them in for the Holidays.

Enjoy!

No comments: