Saturday, December 23, 2006

NO ONE ELSE'S RULES FOR ME


Here's another resource for recipes that is great! Take a look and be inspired. I am loving the opportunity to learn something new, I want to really listen and feel what MY body is saying. No one else's rules for me anymore. Done with that. I want to finally learn to tune in to what I want to eat, and when and how much. Now, for alot of people, that may sound simple, but it has been an issue my whole life! I've never had my own rules. It's always been my trying to fit into someone else's rules for what I should and shouldn't eat. Why do we do that?

CLICK FOR RAWFOODS RECIPES

I am finding myself enjoying the kitchen again! And guess what! My son has decided he may just join in on the 1st. He's finding foods heavy, and he's noticing he isn't feeling good after he eats. He asked for a footbath tonight too. He's already asking how he will get through lunch at school, and getting himself set for it. isn't that cool! And my husband stole my leftovers from the raw food bar the other night. Hmmmm. We may have a family affair soon!

Joy!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is absolutely AWESOME, Joy! That your family is enjoying the raw food bar leftovers, that your son wants to make a shift too. That's absolutely fantastic.

I want to tune in to what my body needs for sustenance too. I've always scoffed and secretly admired people who were so in tune with their bodies that they could tell what the body was asking for nutritionally. I had a friend who woke up craving carrots, she knew that's what her body needed. Ummph! Whatever! I have never CRAVED carrots in my life. I eat them because I'm supposed to. I eat them because there isn't any ice cream or brownies to eat instead. It's a whole new idea for me to look at carrots as live, vibrant food. And to see meat as dead, even cooked brownies as dead food. I don't want to be controlled by other people's rules anymore. I don't want to hide behind 150 excess pounds either. I want to healthy and in control, not driven by my need to self medicate with food.

Thanks you so much for your great posts!!!

Joy! said...

Yours too! THIS is going to be fun! I can tell you, after a lifetime of dieting, and I am a pro, you remember I was 300 pounds once, that this has been the absolute easiest thing I have ever done! I swear!

It's so not about weight. And, we have to make a pact to NOT weigh, and to NOT concern ourselves with that aspect because this is about a new relationship and understanding. It's about rapport on a whole new level. Yes. Lots of people lose weight on this, but that's not why any of us are doing the 30 days.

It's about coming into right relationship, and for some of us, for the first time in our lives~

Carrots are incredibly sweet!