Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Welcome to Jacquie B and Empress Cat

Hello hello hello! Rebecca and I are so glad to have you both join in as authors, which means you can post and comment and are going to participate in our grand experiment as master Shamans and full mesa carriers! This is a place for you to voice, whether it's a scream or a whisper, how things are going for you, what you notice, what comes up, what you discover, and what you want to share, as well as what you need. We have a few more that are supposed to register, and as they do, we will welcome them too.

We are going to support each other in this quest into ourselves, as we go raw for 30 days, and use the tools we have, on all levels.

So why shamanic students? Because we are already exploring a deeper connection to ourselves. We are already journeying inwards, and we are already forging those voices to ourselves. We also each noticed we wanted to touch a place we had yet to explore, and we volunteeered dang it! :) It's our idea!

For the moment we have been posting about recipes, and links to supportive articles and information. But when this begins, we will be going into our body-emotion connections and the art of who we are. We may unravel and we may find bliss. And it could be both or a complete bust. Who knows? As John Travolta said in "Look Who's Talking" when he held up the labelless can of food "Could be peaches could be beans, we don't know til we open it!" (or something close to that).

So for all of you what are the fears, if any that really come up when you think about this?
Underneath the excitement of doing it, what else is there? Empress, you said it triggered a chocolate binge.
Rebecca, you mentioned going without meat, I know I had the issue of not getting enough protein that I talked about.
Another one for me that I heard in my head last week was "how am I going to get enough calcium?"
And what happens if we get those dreaded food cravings and withdrawal. I mean, this is suppsed to be so hard, and so difficlut, and we may get sick and feel awful as our body detoxes...

Um. I'm 8 days in now and I feel great BTW. But, I haven't had a soda in 16 years, and I don't eat many carbs anyway because of the bypass I had 16 years ago. But! I ate a lot of protein! I was a big big meat eater, and I had to look hard at "what if I get anemic again" because that wasn't any fun. Can I get enough iron? I went in and researched it. :)

No comments: