Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Granola Recipe



I love this granola, but in looking at it geez, you have to back it so I guess it wouldn't be considered raw. I will give it to you as a transition recipe maybe. Any way for what its worth. You might be able to make the recipe and just leave it raw.

Granola

5 cups oats
1 cup bran
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup wheat flakes
1 cup toasted almonds....I am sure you could just soak the almonds
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup craisins

Instructions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients and set aside
In a small pan, heat the vegetable oil and honey over medium heat (DO NOT BOIL)
Remove from heat and add vanilla
Pour warm honey mixture over the dry ingredients, stir to coat
Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan
Pour granola into the pan and bake for 20 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally
Remove from the oven and cool, stirring frequently to prevent sticking
Add the craisins.

1 comment:

Joy! said...

Well, if we were going traditional, they would have you "bake" it in the dehydrator. If you were to put it on a really stlow oven, for longer, what would be the difference? We'll have to ask Lauren!

I had some granola this morning, and it tasted so good! I really needed some grains when I went in and ASKED MY BODY! Ya hoo!