Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Baby Birds have flown the nest



I was so excited to see that the babies were still in the nest last night when I got home-I've been wanting to see them launch from the nest and into the world...

but alas...

when I got up this morning-they were all gone and the guarding parents too, so attentive all this time...it feels so quiet! This is a photo I took two weeks ago or so-I realized that there were 5 little ones and not just 2 as I had thought earlier. Happy flying babies. Maybe I will see them at the bird feeders. Where do baby birds go when they fly out I wonder?

Jon and I saw our first hummingbird up here today though. I don't have a feeder out as I didn't think we had any. I shall have to get one up now! That was very cool!

P.S. I know what happens to baby birds-they return to the nest. Pam-they do! :) They all are tucked back into the nest, every one. HAH! I can see all the little heads looking down at me.

3 comments:

Bo said...

What a great picture

Pam said...

Uggh - returning to the nest! I could use a little more 'experience the world' and 'grow up' babies.

Joy! said...

so funny-they were all huddled in the nest this morning-more bird that room...