Thursday, July 19, 2007

What's for lunch?

I was sitting in my office just before lunch and thinking, what should I go get to eat? Visions flashed across my mind like salad, green juice, celery with peanut butter, zucchini chocolate chip muffin (Wild Oats has a great one). I just couldn't decide what I wanted, so I decided to 'Thoogle.' I did a quick Theta to get some words, then went to Google and typed in 'good food.' Lo and behold, look what came up after clicking on the first link in the list:


Dead good is right. After laughing out loud for a couple of minutes, an amazing thing happened - I completely lost my appetite. So a couple of old adages really are true: 1) Laughter is the best medicine, and 2) a picture is worth a thousand words (or in this case, a thousand calories).

5 comments:

Bo said...

Great entry Pam. FUNNY! Maybe I'll try your method, mine hasn't been serving me very well lately. Dean ON with the fries, a perfect combination or unhealthy fats/high glycemic index and little nutrient value. Poor Americans, what are they to do.

Bo said...

Dean on I meant to say not Dean on....whose Dean? Maybe Dean should be our code word for Deadly Foods. HA!

Bo said...

Oh my GOD my computer won't let me write DEAD. Lets try it again. OK DEAD ON Sending now

Bo said...

Interesting.

Joy! said...

That's what started all this. I theta-googled "weight loss industry" and got 5 articles on how fat america is! Which prompted me to research a bit, which I posted, and ended up with my saying it's all really a very profitable "weight gain industry"...no loss intended!

Glad you can laugh! In Chicago-deemed the fattest city in America I believe-or one of the top, there wasn't a juice bar in site. LOTS of delis, and LOTS of Starbucks. The hotel waitress didn't have a clue what "vegan" was. She pointed out the salad to me.

I ate steamed asparagus, marinated mushrooms and a plain baked potato for dinner one night. Really perfect, but after a week I was having to get real inventive...and forget about raw...