Thursday, October 11, 2007

Flute Expressions

I truly have to tell you how much fun I am having playing my flute. I told everyone in class last night this is the first time I have ever played any kind of musical instrument. I love music but until now never had the guts to explore it. I am having a blast. I can't believe how many different sounds I can get out of my flute. Sometimes I am playing and I hit a melody that just gives me chills. I was laughing and carrying on just a bit a go and thought, man I need to write this for everyone to see. I just can't believe the expressions you can achieve with a flute. I am listening to flute music, which I have a ton of, but I am not copying any of it, other than working on playing Amazing Grace, I love that song. This morning I mastered the starting of it. Talk about another aspect of self. I can't wait to play it in the canyons of Southern Utah.
Side note...art work isn't mine....lol.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hear you....ive been taking guitar lessons here and im loving it so so much..in fact just got back from it - learning a new song today neil youngs heart of gold one of my favorites! theres something about music its like its helping to draw out the inner song! hope to get a chance to hear your amazing grace!

Bo said...

Hey Jac, Happy for you! Thanks for sharing and I love this art piece.

Pam said...

I'm with you. I've loved not only the playing but also the staining/painting/dolling up of both my flutes.

Joy! said...

I think you have all moved into a new era of self expression!