Thursday, March 1, 2007

SPROUT SOUP

Ok, I modified the soup a bit, and it's not bad. Here's what I did (before I forget)

I put 8 small tomatoes, cut into quarters into a pot of water.
1 container of pea sprouts
1 container of broccoli sprouts.
I simmered these on a very low flame for about 15 min while I juiced - not to boiling.

Then I used a slotted spoon and took the sprouts and tomatoes out and put them in the food processor
leaving the excess fluid.
I added:
2 tbs fresh garlic
a drizzle of olive oil
and 2 small cut up avocados.

I whipped this all up and it's really not bad! I will definitely make this again and add cayenne.
I juiced the apples, and didn't add them. Next time!

Gotta figure out how to get this apple pectin in-btw you can make it. It's called strained apple sauce pretty much. And we could add it to dehydrated treats to get it in. The powder really thickens stuff. Well that's what it is! It is what makes jelly gel.

1 comment:

Joy! said...

Hey no one is gonna try this? Lauren-can you post that tomato garlic thing you made? I'm craving tomatoes suddenly but cooked. I couldn't eat the raw ones tonight.