Saturday, May 26, 2007

Class

Class is once a week for 3 hours. We come together, open mesas and dialog. As a guide, I track where everyone is, and as a group the piece you are moving towards. I introduce the ways of working with the mesa, and working with the energy. I am limited by the group as I can only teach what everyone is ready for.

Some weeks you all pull in different directions. Ok. That's sometimes how it is. Some weeks no one wants to move. Ok that happens too. Some weeks you zoom! Isn't that how life is?

You have the rest of the week to walk in nature, commune outside, open your mesas, talk to birds, flowers, trees. You have the rest of the week to dream, walk your dreams, hike, sleep outside. Then bring it to the class. When I say "how was your week, what happened in your mesa, in your life" it is about that. I ask for that reason. Lately you've all looked blankly at me. Nothing is happening. Really?

You are supposed to be doing the work every day-and that's a suggestion. This is a skills group and shouldn't be your entire shamanic experience. I give you a taste, and then you walk the walk the rest of the week the way you incorporate it into your lives. We come together for a few hours, and then you take that back into your lives. Talk to a tree and tell us what happened.

Tell us what happened to YOU Jac-sorry-not necessarily what Ray did, or someone else. Don't live through their experiences. This is a walk that is your path. Walk it. Don't follow it. You are Dancing Feather. Go into nature with YOUR pipe and blow it, smoke it, taste the work and come to the group and share. You are all powerful beyond compare. Do the work in the world and come to the room and share with your I-YU. Take your drum outside, and beat it. Then tell us how the hawks flew over YOUR head.

I have offered to do a retreat weekend, I have offered to do a vision quest, I have offered to do the group in a different format, but the concensus was that you wanted a few hours once a week because it fit your lives, and no one at last count wanted to tie up a weekend. Ok. That's this group. Other groups want the learning in a different way and I will go with that.

This work IS about the connection to nature. Do it. I am limited at the building with no garden, and no way of getting us to the land unless we are willing to go somewhere else. Let's meet up Cottonwood canyon next week at the amptheatre. I'll give you the address. bring your mesa and something to sit on.

Do you want to spend a night out and do a vision quest? Are you ready?

3 comments:

Jacqueline Brown, said...

Yes, I am ready to do a vision quest.
Thank you for pointing out that I am living my life through other peoples experiences. I hadn't realized.
I will get my feet on the path and explore.
I am confused, I thought you just wanted to do class in the classroom and now you say that lets go outside...hmmmmm.

CatherineAnn said...

sounds great to meet up the canyon. I have thought about it lately that I am not putting the energy and effort into my Mesa that I would like to. I do want a daily connection with the wild Shaman I am.

Joy! said...

Me??? When did I say only in the classroom??? When it's snowing and -6 yes, but otherwise-get it outside.
We just don't have a place, so I think it's time to manifest one!!!

I hate asking people to drive up here, and my backyard is torn up.

Jac-you are magnificent! I adore you.