Sunday, May 20, 2007

Syncronicity

Friday morning as I was straightening the house I thought "I want a new plant for Jon's bathroom, maybe a nice phili or a fern?" Something easy that he can't kill off. I put it on my list to look for one.

Friday night we went to a "gallery stroll". It was...kinda a bust. Half the merchants were closed. But there was this nursery. He was closed, but we were all looking in the windows so he opened and invited us in. THAT'S GOOD BUSINESS! Paradise Palms. Stop in and see him.

It was full of the most amazing plants, healthy, happy, nice guy, and I saw exactly the plant I wanted! I thought "well I would get you, but I don't want to leave you in my car for 3 hours. You won't like that." and I made a promise to come back sometime when the store was open. I had the fleeting thought that it would be nice if he was still open when we were done.

We did the stroll, then the LIVING TRADITIONS convention by the library. Yum to the Sudanese booth. Had a beer. (and got tagged. You have to wear a wrist band that says you are allowed to carry the beer you have just bought) and when we walked back to the car--the store was OPEN! He said he hadn't known about the stroll, but it seemed silly to close when there were so many people around. GOOD BUSINESS!

A promise is a promise, I was thrilled to go in, buy the phili plant and place it exactly where I had clearly seen it that morning!
Start to finish-no effort on my part at all! It all lined up perfectly! We are our mesa.

1 comment:

Joy! said...

Paradise Palms is the name of the plant store. Sorry if that wasn't clear Jac.