Monday, May 28, 2007

Moment by Moment

The last two weekends have found me in my garden catching up on long over due care for the "children" there. I had a big moment of being in resistance and thinking... all I do is work all the time. What? Here I am in my garden doing what I love and Blah Blah Blah. In the loop, complaining. Time for a new loop. I'm ready to pull my little red wagon some where else this rut is getting deep.

Finally I settled in to being in the moment. Not worrying about what else I needed to do or could do with my precious time. I let go of time and got into the rhythm of planting and caring for the flowers, seeing them and imagining the beds in their fullness.

Catherine Anne and I had a short time together for breakfast on Sat. We talked about stepping up our efforts to care for ourselves. It's not the first time we've talked about contracting with ourselves and each other. So this time how do we make it work we wondered.

I think the answer is Moment by Moment. Willing to be with the feelings of the moment. Willing to be present in the moment. Willing to be conscious. I go in and out of consciousness. I wonder what it would be like to make a decision to stay fully conscious and present for a whole day, or even half a day. Like looking through the lens of a camera, totally focused and still seeing new creation of art. Elevating each moment to it's perfection as an art form.

This week I am going to practice staying in the moment, fully present. Any one want to join me? The synergy of our group is quite powerful. I would love the support. The energy coming into the planet now is also quite powerful but then............ so are we.

5 comments:

Joy! said...

That is a beautiful picture Bo!

The idea of walking for 24 hours with death is the same thing. To stay totally present for one day, focused on today as the last day, the only day.

Today is the last day of my life-and notice how immediate and intense life becomes, and how easy it is to track what is really important.

Tibetan book of living and dying.
intense living. Turning up that intensity.

I am going to go into my fairy garden and plant more marigolds and some other color. Nothing brings me closer than to get my hands in the dirt...

Jacqueline Brown, said...

I love your picture and I expecially love what you have to say. I definitely join you in being in the moment and seeing how that feels.

CatherineAnn said...

Your on! I'll call you if I want to medicate my moments.

Joy! said...

Wow I love this picture!
Bo, I added a "heal the world" to the healer's blog.
Yes, let's start the class with our light joining and sending it around the planet.

Bo said...

Cool, lets put our power to work.

The picture is from my garden. Glad you like. I think Iris's are my favorite, well next to roses. The combination of the two.... is WOW!