Thursday, November 8, 2007

Daughters of Lilith

Who was she, as an archetype? If you journey to connect with her, what does she do to your feminine balance?
Since we were talking about feminine archetypes no one mentioned her last night.
I think we tend to be afraid of her. The mythology says she:
wouldn't obey:
she wouldn't obey Adam and she wouldn't obey God. In fact, she invoked God's name and got the hell out of Dodge. She went to the beach, and God came after her and told her to 'go home'! And still she wouln't obey. And then God threatened her children. Said he would kill 100 of her babies-and still she said no. All this because she didn't like the sexual position of being on the bottom?
Me thinks there may be a tad more to the story...

so THEN she went and began a wraithful vengeful killing spree, killing the children of Adam. Well, sounds like she had a reason to be pissed. I mean, her babies were being smited down by God no less.

What would you do?
Would you stand up to God to protect your babies?
Would you obey, or would you say "I don't think so" and get out?

Is it no wonder women are afraid of their anger? Of their emotions? Do you think there might be some wernicke voice commands in our deep subconscious modules?

Do you think we might have had a love hate relationship with "GOD"?

1 comment:

Bo said...

I think if it where really God, there would be no smiting of the babies.

I think that if I was totally connected and listening from my essence, I would follow God anywhere.

My problem in the past has been, it wasn't God I was listening to and that ends up biting you in the ass every time.