Monday, September 10, 2007

China Market

I visited the China Market on 90th South and 1st West (next to the liquor store) Saturday. I thoroughly enjoyed this venture into another culture. They have all types of produce, most of which I didn't have a clue as to what it was. There's frozen foods, fish, all types of rice and noodles - even dried black fungi. Here's a thought. It would be fun to take a trip to a market like this, purchase items, and then have a 'meeting' at someone's house where we would cook/prepare the items. Cheap way to visit China!

By the way, they also had square pillowcases made with tassles and shiny material for $5 and $7 that would make perfect mesa cloths for a beginning Shaman.

2 comments:

Jacqueline Brown, said...

I like going into the ethnic stores. It is like stepping into another world.

Bo said...

I didn't know that was even here. I should ck it out and I think its a fun idea to shop and get together. Is anyone surprised that I want to do all the get togethers!