Saturday, September 29, 2007

Dreaming of Fathers

I've heard several of you say that you have dreamt with your father lately.

me too! i realized this morning that I had this funny little dream.
I was looking at a photo of my Dad and me. I was sitting, he was standing, and I looked exactly like him.
I thought "wow, That's one ugly woman!" and laughed.

It was an old black and white photo like we had in the 50s, with the saw-toothed white border.

Is it ok to be like my father?
Well, as I woke I realized I had been campaigning for no less than President.
I was campaigning as an ordinary woman, and I realized I only had to convince 10 people, who would each convince 10 people to vote for me, and that the rest would take care of itself.

Then I was on Bill Maher. It was pretty lucid. I remember saying
"I find it reprehensible that the power of the media considers the American public so stupid."

And I enlisted the support and aid of the comedians! I held some sort of special dinner, and spoke to them about what was happening.

Then I saw Golda Mier, and I Indira Gandhi and I realized that we are all ordinary women, and that we have been uninvolved because we believe we cannot affect change.

The dream was all about the change. I woke up thinking "I should have taken that debate class in high school..."

Quite a dream! Anyone want to take a crack at it?

Being my father's daughter, being like him...well...that's mind boggling.
I've told you all he ran for Congress 3x in California? As a write in? He got on tv, and debated Ron Dellems, and he got more than 300,000 votes, and that was before the internet. Not bad for a man on foot.

Personally, I don't see myself with a career in politics for the next 40 years.

5 comments:

Bo said...

"I find it reprehensible that the power of the media considers the American public so stupid."
Great indignation, but why are they so stupid? JUST KIDDING, sort of . Why do so many turn their heads?

Don't know about your dream but do wonder when I will do more to help, more that just the patients I see daily. I'm a loyal friend, good neighbor but what else can I do. That's what your dream makes me wonder.

Joy! said...

Yeah, maybe that IS it?
Maybe it's about when do you DO that something.
Well, I was just saying in another post, or comment or something, that what if we are here?

So, the question for all of us fluteplayers is, what's our song, what tune do we want to dance to now?

And the cool thing is-we are the music makers now.

Jacqueline Brown, said...

So don't we have to reconfigure that belief. Also don't we need to reconfigure that you don't have to be in a archetype President role to effect change. Butterfly Effect, is the power...
I am seeing that we have already effected much change and or we wouldn't necessarily be at this place now.
We make change just by writing on the blog. There can be a different power in media.

Pam said...

1) You are the exact image of your father, which you view with humor...
Are you really seeing your biological father or are you seeing yourself as Source and all-powerful? And are you laughing at the concept?

2) Image was a black and white photo from the 50’s...
No color? Are you going backwards in time? The past is the future and the future is the past. The last shall be first and the first shall be last.

3) Is it ok to be like my father?...
Again, doubting that you are Source, in control and all-powerful?

4) Campaigning for President as an ordinary woman...
The word ‘ordinary’ as if all the former (and current) presidents haven’t been just ‘ordinary’ men?

5) I only had to convince 10 people...
Baby steps, steps toward commitment, steps toward full recognition.

6) "I find it reprehensible that the power of the media considers the American public so stupid."...
Righteous indignation? Power?

7) Golda Meier, Indira Gandhi and you (all ordinary women)...
Three, the number of perfection, and that word ‘ordinary’ again. I would definitely add ‘extra‘ onto the front of that word.

8) Enlisted the support and aid of the comedians...
Laughter for the soul.

9) We have been uninvolved because we believe we cannot affect change...
Interesting use of word ‘affect’ which means to ‘influence’ change as opposed to using ‘effect’ which means ‘resulting’ in change.

10) It’s all about the change...
It’s all about the perceived lack of power and control.

11) I should have taken that debate class in high school...
Thank God you didn’t, the rest of us would have an even harder time keeping up with you!

Joy! said...

lol
Pam, thanks, and lots to think about! I will wander to class tonight pondering all you both have said.

Black and white though-rather than going back in time, I think it might be poking me that I have always been like him. I just didn't acknowledge or accept it.

He was a pretty forward visionary in many ways. I suppose that I've come to peace with HIS not asking more questions...

the govt certainly considered the parents less than worthy of the truth about what would be done to their children-

have times changed?
we all need to ask more questions, and expect real answers instead of NLP sleight of mouth/double talk.