Monday, September 10, 2007

Dreamweaving

This morning I hit the snooze button and then woke up 20 minutes later remembering an unusual dream. I was on a bike, coming from where I don't know, and destination unknown (although it felt like I was going home). I biked into a mass of people all biking down a street, all vying for space and speed - sort of like rush hour only worse. I veered off onto a side street along with another lady and we leisurely biked down the road, passing people who looked up from their activities to stare. We finally came to the end of the road, blocked by a chain-link fence, at which point the lady with me jumped down a 30-foot embankment onto a lower road, I picked up her bike and handed it down to her, then folded my bike into a lightweight bag and literally floated from rock to rock until I reached the lower road. We then walked through a shopping center into a hair-styling salon where we gabbed for a time. We left, jumped back on our bikes, and found that we had reached our destination - ahead of the mad convergence of bikers on the main road.

Lady dreamweavers of the spider tribe - how would you track this dream?

3 comments:

Jacqueline Brown, said...

You don't have to run with the pack to get to your destination. Sometimes a path less traveled results in new scenery.

Joy! said...

well I love these dreams that tell us that, no matter how it looks, we are on the right path-our own. We have all the tools we need, and we can do it their way, or not.

Bo said...

I think you where Mary Poppins in another life!

No, I think it must be about taking the path less traveled by, you are companioned on the journey but you do it your way and your way is easier. Floats!