Saturday, September 1, 2007

Today

Today sped by at an amazing pace, and yet, it was slow. I found myself doing so much, getting so much done, endless energy, ideas, and peace. Such an inside sense of peace with the world.

The clouds were amazing up here and the sunset beautiful. I simply sat on the roof and took it in. So close, so bright, so crisp that I felt as if I could touch them.

Anyone else noticing the brilliance of the days? My eyes seem to be bringing me the images with such sweet clarity, it feels almost as if it is my last look at things. As if the planet is saying "remember this, and this and remember this too."

As I sat earlier here at my computer in front of an open window, I was suddenly, profoundly, most assuredly, surrounded by the heavy scent of hyacinths and lilacs-neither of which are in my garden here, or in my neighborhood. I took long, deep inhales of the fragrances, and they got stronger, as if my grandmother and a herd of her fragrant friends were standing about me, and they had all just washed in floral soaps.

It reminds me I am protected, I am loved, I am coddled. All good things. It feels as if my grandmother is tucking me in for a nap, and patting my head.

I realize too that I don't trust that sense of peace. There is another part of me that goes "oh oh. What's next? What's coming?"
Let all good things come this way...night night to all and to all a good night.

3 comments:

Bo said...

What a great expereince. The grandmothers surronding you in their fragrance of flowers.

I have been seeing visions of faces while I wait for sleep. No one I know just face after face in great detail. ???? WHo knows, I just figure WELL? What else can I say, don't know why I see them but I do.

Yes I understand about the vision of what is around us, it was happening to me a few weeks ago, colors seemed brighter. I havn't noticed it as much lately, maybe I'm distracted.

CatherineAnn said...

I have seen faces too. Interesting.....
So happy for you and your peaceful connection to Spirit.

Joy! said...

faces...peace...who knows?