Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Thinking...

1. it's amazing what gin and tonic with lime and without ice can do to a person...one drink! Those drinking movies in high school were no shit! I think the ice makes all the difference because without ice I can't tell the measurements. It's all different.
BUT!
It occurs to me that the universe lines us up if we jsut let ourselves go with the flow..you know?

2. coincidence: I am getting better at this: I heard and listened this morning and looked up fun things to do with my family while they are here for Tgiving week. It's a bit early, but I thought, ok. The nudge is with me, maybe it's time...

3. TONIGHT my brother calls and for the first time EVER he has his son WITH HIM while he has called (usually he calls while he is driving home from work w/o kiddies) and he puts his blue tooth ON HIM and i am talking to me 6 yr old nephew and I am telling him all the fun things we can do the week theyy come for Tgiving!!! We haven't talked on the phone, Nic and I, for at least 6 mns or more!

Now, if I had not listened and actually looked that cool stuff up...I would have been sitting there in the phone with a 6 yr old with egg on my face wouldn't I? Instead I could say: "Wow when you come there is a dinosaur 3D movie at the IMAX, and there's blah blah blah this and blah blah blah that...and I sounded like a really cool aunt-I kid you not! I hung up and was so glad that I had listened to that random, seemingly out of sequence urge, to look up things to do IN NOVEMBER now...

Go figure!

5 comments:

Bo said...

I think we are all getting it, maybe slowly but I have faith. This is the perfect example! Listen and be in the moment and not to worry. I don't know when I thought God died and made me Lawrence Welk of the Universe, having to orchestrate this grande creation... Geez what a goof.

Don't you love kids, they get the picture. I have on more than one occasion been confronted with their small inquestive voices asking, "do have any toys?" Shamefully, I always have to anwser in a very small voice back, no. The three year old looked totally shocked and states, now in not a small voice at all, "WHY NOT!" Really, why not?

Bo said...

About the gin, the other part of the picture is the ice constricts the blood vessels and slows the absorbtion. See, that's why the cowboys drank their Burbon straght up. Well and then there's that part about no refrigeration in the old West. LOL

Jacqueline Brown, said...

These kids are so amazing and to hook up in the fun, it just is wonderful. They just crack me up. My youngest has just started dance classes...oh my....I just love the fun they radiate...

Joy! said...

I have toys. Why don't you have toys???
I have KOOSH balls, and skinkies, and pick up stix, and crayons and coloring books, and watercolor paints and puzzles, and a whole box of little cars. I love toys! I have stuffed animals too. And a whole box full of beenie babies...
I have lots of toys! :)

Joy! said...

I slept really really well too! I woke at 1am by the cat though and then went right back. It was good to sleep deep and it's nice and cool here again.