Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Juice Fast

There is nothing faster at getting you back to center than doing day of nothing but raw juice. They call it a juice fast, but it is so satisfying and filling and so nutritional that you can hardly consider it a fast in the "deprived" sense of the word.

WOW~
I highly recommend it!

Several people I know do one day a week, and I think it's a great idea!
Since we all have juicers now, maybe that's our next experiment?

I've done a day and a half of juice only and I can so say it's amazing amazing amazing. Trick is to make it a day when you have access to the juicer all day so you can make it. I had to run out, hence the headache coming on when I was on empty.

Detoxing so fast though that I got a headache today in the afternoon, but more juice took care of it, and I got a runny nose too from the detoxing.

All good signs. You would think I'd already be pretty clear after 6 mns. but it feels great. All those tastes of this and that had thrown me off. Not terrible you know, just off a bit.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Funny thing - I did a juice fast yesterday. Don't know why, just decided to try it. I got back that wonderful lean, empty feeling without being hungry - at least until I stir-fried some vegies at night - I didn't quite make it all day. I think I'll try it again tomorrow.

Bo said...

Great discription Pam, so right on. Odd, last week I kept thinking I needed to have a juice fast and would start but always ended up eating fast food at dinner - well at least I was having as fast something. I KNOW WEIRD AND TWISTED!

I still havn't got my juicer out, I'm just blending greens - maybe it's time. I'm getting a little tired of green drinks althought they make me feel great, I need some variety. The old way of eating doesn't even sound good any more.

Had an Omar treat for dinner yesterday, I was an OMAR VIRGIN. SO now I know why all the girls are so crazy about Omar.

I have descided I need to make it a priority to start learning new raw reciepts. It time to jump the fence!

CatherineAnn said...

Pam I am with you too, I love that empty feeling without the hunger. I am going to do this today as I had popcorn last night and my blood pressure is giving me grief.

Bo, how lucky are you that Omars is so close and on the way home.

Jacqueline Brown, said...

Yes, a juice fast does sound good. I will get the makings on Friday and do one on Saturday.