Wednesday, June 6, 2007

"Listen to the Beasts"


So most of you know I am an old Southern Bible Thumper from way back. The journey has had many twists and turns since then - very twisted might be a good description. However no matter where the journey takes me, I have one hand on the Bible a part of who I am, I still find comfort there. So one might wonder how I can embrace this and that, Christianity and Shamanism although for me there was no contradiction in terms. It just felt right. You can imagine how I felt when a friend sent this.......
Job 12:7-9 "But now ask the beasts to teach you, and the birds of the air to tell you; Or the reptiles on earth to instruct you, and the fish of the sea to inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of God has done this? In God's hand is the soul of every living thing and the life breath of all our kind."
It seems more than ever, during this time of transition we must listen to the beasts. It seems to me they are the ones with the greatest clarity. This is suppose is not new news to you all but humor me, I'm excited.

6 comments:

CatherineAnn said...

Look how happy Tess is! Great picture. The beasts, they stay connected at all times and have so much to show us don't they.

Pam said...

The first year of Shaman training I watched and sought for interaction with the beasts and birds. This last year I've wandered to different thoughts and knowings. Thanks, Bo, for reminding me that I need to return to searching out nature and listening.

Crazy Bitch said...

I call my spiritual search, "The Path." I am on a path towards God. I was raised Catholic, and that taught me the importance of family, and respect for God.

Too many spiritual things have happened to me and around me to ignore the fact that God really is there, and He is within ALL things. We, "swim," in God. We share in His Life. My dogs teach me a great deal. They are so gratefull for ANYTHING I give them, especially my time and attention. My son taught me to love EVERYBODY, because it was then that I realized that we are ALL FRIGHTENED CHILDREN INSIDE. This realization taught me real compassion, and it was then that I realized true, unconditional love; which I believe, is God.

If you look for God, you will find Him.

Joy! said...

well said! And we can look for God in every living thing, in everything on this planet, can't we! Isn't that the most exciting thing! To find validation of that living energy everywhere and know that that living energy is the light of "God", and that it is always constantly communicating with us if we have listening ears.

The true spiritual concept of God, not necessarily any one religious concept, and at the same time, all of them.

All paths lead to the same spiritual light.
Thump on Bo!

Jacqueline Brown, said...

Oh, how wonderful Tess' beautiful white coat against the lush green. She looks so happy.
I love opening the dialogue with animal. I think its a two way communication. They hear what we are feeling. How many of them posed for us on our journey Sunday. It was like them saying thanks for us being aware they were there.

Rebecca said...

This is your dog, Tess? She's beautiful. What a lovely photograph of her. That's an excellent scripture too, I'll have to dig that out for the next time I'm accused of not being religious.

Thanks!