Monday, June 11, 2007

Necklace



As you all know, I lost my necklace a week or so ago, the triangular stone with the natural hole surrounded by druzie crystals, and then a natural square etched around the circle...a journey stone for sure. Symbolically it is water, earth and fire. It would be the hermetic seal if it had a circle on the outside...but it's really close! The circle, triangle and square are symbols for spirit, body and soul-the three elements necessary for alchemical transformation.

I don't wear much jewelry these days, and I'm pretty methodical when I take it off at night. It just was plain gone. I could see clearly up to a certain point. I remember taking it off and putting it in my mesa the night I worked until 5am, 2 weeks ago. I remembered taking it back out of the mesa in the morning. I didn't put it on, I was going to take a shower, so I had it in my hand.

I always hang my jewelry on this standing brass mirror by my sink in the bathroom. It's an ingrained habit. When I went to put it on, it was gone. I checked the whole counter, all around, in drawers, in the closet. The laundry room, pockets. I couldn't see beyond taking it out of my mesa. I really missed it! I checked beds, under beds, in drawers...I tracked, I called it back....didn't show itself. I went back in time and viewed it-I couldnt' get any more information. I was stumped.

I cleared off the mirror, and put the jewelry that was there, away. I left only one medicine pouch that has a sunflower on it, and a strand of beads on the other side for decoration. That was it. The rest was put away. No necklace. And dang it, that was a good silver chain too. I kept thinking daily on how I wanted that necklace back!

Then, the other day I wondered if I lost it at the fire. I remembered that something was burning my neck as I went in, and I couldn't tell if I took it off, or if I just thought it. I supposed if I put it in my pocket I could have lost it at the fire. That meant it was gone, and not just misplaced. I should drop it, but I was still calling it back. Maybe if I drove out there I would find it in the grass? But something or other would come up, and I didn't do it. I knew it was gone, and now I was just feeling stupid for losing it.

Yesterday as I was walking I heard "You've not given it up yet. The thing can't come back until you've released it."
Oh! Sure! Got it~this was true. I wanted it back, and my desire for it, was keeping it away.

All day yesterday I kept releasing the stone. I gladly sent it to the light, releasing my ownership of it knowing that it may well be meant for someone else. It took a bit of work. I laughed at how attached I was to it! But by the evening I was clear. I no longer thought of the necklace at all.

This morning when I went into the bathroom, hanging on the bathroom mirror...the necklace. Back where it should have been all along. I have it on now, thankful and humbled by that lesson. Let it go and it is yours.

4 comments:

Jacqueline Brown, said...

What a amazing learning.
I am glad it could come back to you.

Anonymous said...

WOWZA.
sorry i know thats a dorky word but I really have been thinking about this so much the past couple of days....its really hard to do sometimes....good lesson for me to hear and read. to be at a place where you let go completely --- things do come in and come back....it makes me wonder why ive been so scared to let go of certain things...

Joy! said...

me too. IT was a great lesson. Every time I look down and see the necklace I shake my head in wonder at the lesson! It was awesome.

How can we practice this more?
In what ways can we come to understand what it is we are hanging on to-that we have to release so we can move on.

Watched THE BREAK UP tonight. Isn't that the same thing?

Bo said...

Thanks Joy. DITTO! Great lesson and reminder.

Lauren I like WOWZA! LOL